Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unspoken Rules of the Road: Funeral Processions


When my uncle passed away a few years ago, it was the first funeral I had ever been to. During the procession to his final resting place, I noticed that (most) of the other cars on the road had pulled over and stopped their vehicles to show respect. This was all new to me but I was in awe! What manners!

Since then, I have been on both sides; in the procession and passing by. It amazes me the kindness shown by complete strangers. It also shocks me when I see people not stopping at all or even speeding to get around them! Yikes! In case you were wondering, thats a big no-no.

Just a little tidbit that might help you the next time you run into a funeral procession. Pull over! Show a little respect :)

I've also seen people turn their headlights on.... what do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment